Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas 2010

The Christmas season was extra good for us this year just knowing we would get to stay in the states for good and that Santa could bring things that we would actually be able to take with us.  We enjoyed all the lights, goodies, and festivities that come with it too.  I had to include this picture of me at my friend Christie's cookie party to show that things are a lot different when you do them with a 2 year old!!  But probably more fun anyway :) 
We spent Christmas with Josh's family and Santa found us.  We were definitely spoiled, from both sides of the family!  Here's the little man coming out on Christmas morning.  In typical fashion he was the first one awake.
Checking out his loot with dad

With six little boys ages 5 and under, it was definitely a boy Christmas!  I guess next year we may have a little pink in the mix though :)

He LOVED his new books, and I am loving them too- a little variety is the spice of life!
Josh and I got this for him- a truck where he can put all these little cars in.
After we opened presents we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast, relaxed with the fam and played with our new toys, and had enchiladas for dinner.  They wondered if the enchiladas seemed a little strange to the in-laws, but hey, I am always down for atypical traditions that are so delicious!  We had a great Christmas, and a big thanks to all our family for making it so wonderful! 

5 comments:

Jessie said...

kelly, america looks SO good on you! :) glad you had a fun christmas.

The Fredericks said...

yay! I love that next year there will be pink and hairbows ALONG with the blue and trucks- such a fun time- we are still flowers and fairies over here- but there will be trucks in our future ;) xo to Shaners!

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

My family used to have enchiladas every Christmas Eve when I was growing up! Christmas in America is AMAZING, huh? So glad you guys had a good one! And YAY for some pink in your life next Christmas :)

Deb said...

Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun with all these adventures! I love the ornaments. Glad you get to be back in the states!

Corrie and Phil said...

Finally getting caught up on all of your posts. Looks like you had a great Christmas!