Well, Josh and I survived the long drive from Utah to Michigan with our two year old in tow. I give all the credit to the portable DVD player my mom gave Shane for his birthday, a slew of new books, Marshmallow Mateys, and peanut m and m's. And most importantly, Josh's dad for driving our Penske truck with our second car on the trailer so that one of us could sit in the back and entertain Shane. On our first day of driving we left Manti at 5 in the morning on the 28th, drove through Colorado and stopped in North Platte Nebraska for the night.
I had every intention of documenting the places we drove through,
but in the end only ended up with pictures of Colorado because I was busy keeping this dude happy. But let's face it, it all pretty much started looking the same after awhile anyway!
Shane did very well but was definitely excited to get to our hotel each night.
The second day we drove through the rest of Nebraska, then through Iowa and stopped near Chicago for the night. We pushed it the first two days so that the last day we would just have 4 or 5 hours to get through the rest of Illinois, a little bit of Indiana, and then Michigan. We were all very glad to get to our new home and be done with driving for a little while!
2 comments:
Shane (and YOU) are such troopers! I love his happy smiling face- it just always makes me happy- the snow is great- but as you say- you could have posted the same pic and said it was all kinds of different states- I would have believed you ;)
We'll be doing most of that same drive this weekend! I think where we are headed in Wisconsin is about 5 hours shorter than your drive to Michigan. What an adventure! Shane is such a trooper!
Post a Comment