After a few fun days at my parents' house, we left the kids with them and drove down to San Diego for a few days for our first trip without the kids, ever! Josh didn't get to have as much fun because he was in his conference til 5 or 6 every day, but I think my time there was all a dream! I would drive Josh to his conference early in the morning, then go back to the hotel and enjoy a nice leisurely breakfast without sharing with anyone, do some reading/relaxing, then go for a long run with great views, and spend some good time at the beach. The beach our hotel was at had a lot of cliffs, so there was a staircase with 7 flights of stairs to go down, and it made it really dramatically beautiful. I love the sight of people exercising everywhere too, doesn't always happen in the midwest;)
Then I would go to the temple, which I especially enjoyed because we never get to go since ours is so far.Then I would pick up Josh and we'd go to dinner somewhere. This night was BJ's pizza, topped off with a gluten free pizookie!
It was pretty much a perfect week, and not hard to leave the kids knowing they were in such good hands with my parents and brother, and having the time of their lives!





.jpg)
6 comments:
that trip sounds dreamy! some day, i want to go on vacation too, with or without kids. i'm not picky… :)
So happy you got to have such a fun time!!!
Looks like such a wonderful trip! I remember loving Knotts Berry Farm when I was a kid and we lived in California.
Sounds like you and Josh made some good memories. You will have more of those times again. The beach looks really nice.
Josh looks so handsome in that picure with his cookie!!
This sounds very much like our recent trip to South Carolina. Phil had a conference, and I joined him. I enjoyed quiet time every day, and then we had a nice dinner together every night. Our kids were with my parents, and I was reluctant to tell them that it was the best week I had had in years.
Post a Comment