Who knew you could have so much fun with Thanksgiving? Being the cheeseball that I am, I checked out probably over 30 different Thanksgiving children's books over the course of November and the kids and I had a lot of fun reading a couple most days (there are so many cute ones) and coming up with things we're thankful for. We did a couple different Thanksgiving crafts and of course Shane and Marissa had a lot of festivities at their schools- here is "Cold Snowflake" after his Thanksgiving feast at school.
The only problem with all that is that the kids, Marissa especially, wanted to have a turkey. You know me and untraditional Thanksgiving fare. We were going to Josh's parents on the day of and had already decided on enchiladas, but when I saw how cheap turkeys were at Meijer I got one and cooked it the Tuesday before. I forgot it really is pretty easy to cook, and the excitement on this girl's face was worth the $8 I paid for it. Here she is doing some kind of ceremonial dance around the turkey.
I did mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, and green beans (from a can), and rolls out of a can (not gluten free).
The happy feasters. They probably each ate one bite of turkey, but loved the stuffing (and of course the rolls). And I got 5 meals out of the leftovers. I would do it again.
And then we enjoyed a nice lazy day at the Dettingers.








1 comment:
oooh i love that last sleeping picture. so sweet. :)
Post a Comment