These pictures were from what seems like forever ago, but was really just over 2 weeks ago before Josh started his IMFM rotation (where they run the inpatient service at the hospital and work long hours). We had a family fun day and went to the Y and Josh and I did a spinning class and took the kids to dinner and a hockey game with free tickets thanks to his work (there are at least a lot of nice perks along with all the work).
The kids had fun, for an hour or so anyway, we saw a couple good fights, a couple goals, and they put this little girl on the Jumbotron
She thought she was pretty cool.
Now we don't see a whole lot of him, he is always gone before they wake up and rarely home before Sadie is in bed, so he missed her doing her "more" sign (she did it for 2 days and then stopped, little stinker) among other things.
Today Shane asked me how many days it was until his birthday and I said "4". He said, "and then after that Daddy will be home! He told me that last night!" (when he gave him a kiss in bed last night when he came home at 9).
Tonight he got home at 8 and as I was tucking Shane in he said in his prayer, "thank you that Daddy could stop by home tonight" and after he was finished he said, "It was so nice of Daddy to stop by tonight!"
Oh, the sad but true commentary of our life right now. Luckily they are all 4 week rotations so only 2 more weeks to go... of this rotation anyway! And he loves what he is doing,and he is good at it, so that makes me happy, and I will always be happy when I remember that we made it through med school and he is living his dream as a doctor, and I am living my dream being a mom to these cute kiddos, as cheesy as it may sound, it is true and I remind myself of it daily.




1 comment:
that is SO nice that his rotations are 4 weeks at a time. it does make that countdown easier for you all, i bet. i know exactly what you mean with not seeing him. paul had a horrendous surgery rotation, but now he is doing gyn clinic and has been home for dinner every night this week, i had totally forgotten what it was like to co-parent. :)
Post a Comment