Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmastime with Kids

Did you know, in addition to wise men and shepherds, baby Jesus also received visits from a jaguar, gorilla, lion, and polar bear? ;)


Christmastime with kids is that much more fun.  Now that Shane is getting older, the anticipation and excitement of Santa Claus coming is a lot of fun, but I have especially enjoyed this year teaching him about the Christmas story.  As I have tried to explain it all to him it has made me think about why Jesus coming was so special, who He is and what He means to me.  One night as I was putting him to bed (when all our best conversations occur), we were talking about how Jesus was born in a stable with all the animals and how he laid in the hay.  He said, "And how did the animals feel?  Were they a little bit mad that he took all their hay?" After a good laugh, I explained to him that they were probably very happy because they love Jesus.  "Why do they love him mom?"  As I explained to him that he is our Savior and died for all of us, I thought to myself what an awesome job being a parent is and how happy I am to get to teach him this.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

kelly, you are such a good mom. :)

jbdettinger@blogspot.com said...

I love Shane's comments! He is so cute. The way his little mind works is really special.