Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Shane!!!

My little boy up and turned 4 on me!  He had been looking forward to December 6th for months because he knew he would get the car he wanted for his birthday.  He started his day off with preschool, and we took birthday cookies for his class.  When we got home and Josh got back from working the night shift in the ER the long awaited moment was here.    
Josh is opening the box for him.  Do you think he was a little excited??
"I have Victor H!!"
 We had lunch and opened some presents from Grandma Nebeker.  I had to laugh because the first two he opened were clothes, and he very nicely asked, "How about we open something for playing?" 
After that we headed on a road trip to Muncie, Indiana.  Josh had an interview there the next day and they put us up in a hotel so we made a trip out of it.  I would feel bad that Shane was in the car for 4 hours for his birthday, but he got to watch Cars 2 so he didn't mind one bit.  We stopped at Burger King for dinner and got to the hotel around 7.  It was a fun little surprise to see that the program had left a book for each of the kids in Josh's packet. 
We brought a cake with us, which was the other part of the birthday Shane had been anxiously awaiting.  His request: m and m's and sprinkles.  I can do that buddy.  He enjoyed his cake, but especially the frosting- he ate all of it off his piece and then before we realized it he had taken his fork and was taking chunks of frosting out of the pan ha ha.
Then we went swimming in the hotel pool 
 
 Marissa was almost as excited about the pool as the copious amounts of toilet paper at her level in the bathroom.
 
The next morning Josh left for his interview while we enjoyed the continental breakfast, then we hung out for a little bit and went to a luncheon the spouses in the program had for us.  One of the spouses even babysat the kids so I could go to the dinner that night.  I think Shane had a lot of fun, and so did we!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

How fun!! I love your kids!

Jamie and Tim said...

Love the last picture! Marissa has this total smile like she knows she is doing something mischievous and Shane has this look like he is leaving so he doesn't get tied into the mayhem ha ha.