A couple of the
parks close to us put on free activities for kids every week in the summer. We tried them out last week and had a lot of fun. The one in our town was having a pirate day, and Shane has gotten into pirates lately so I knew he would like it. He even let this lady paint a pirate beard on him.
Here he is making his "treasure map"
The one in the next town over was really cool, it was Safety Day and they had a fire truck,
policecar,
and ambulance there. I was telling Shane about how the ambulance takes sick people to the hospital in that bed, and he hopped up there and laid on that bench and pretended he was sick. He wanted to go to the hospital, because he knew daddy was there! These ladies got a kick out of that.
They even flew a helicopter in and landed it on the grass.
They had this fun fire truck big blow up slide that the kids could down for free.
And then of course, they played at the park. Any park with a sandbox is a winner to my kids. And Shane loves it when his friend Kate is there.
They are such sweet little friends.
And it happened to be 7/11 so we stopped on our way home to get some free Slurpees, my favorite way to end any outing.
6 comments:
Those little ones and growing up so much and so cute. What a lot of free things to do, even a helicopter ride!!
I love all of your posts. That would be so much fun to take the kids too. Shane's face when he is getting his beard on is the cutest thing. Your kids are so cute!!
oh i am so jealous of the pirate day at the park!!! what FUN! my boys would have been all over that too! :)
Hey I'm organizing an online preschool group and I thought you may be interested! I have the info in an e-mail but I need your address, email me @ savannahwilliamson@yahoo.com
Looks like you are having fun! Cracks me up about Shane wanting to get a ride in the ambulance to go to the hospital to see Josh. P.S. The pirate look is a good one on Shane. Upcoming Halloween costume?
Fun! I hope I'm in Socal sometime when you are again so I can meet little Miss Marissa!
Post a Comment