Monday, January 2, 2012

Whobody

So far I am loving the 3s.  Shane is talking a lot and starting to experiment with different vocabulary and more complex phrasing. Of course a lot of times this results in grammar mistakes or made up words.  Most of the time I try to reinforce the correct way to say something, but sometimes it is just too cute to correct.  My personal favorite word of his right now is "whobody".  You know- somebody, anybody, whobody.  It makes me laugh every time and I don't have the heart to tell him it's not a real word.

Speaking of, guess whobody's a Sunbeam now?  Yep, my little boy had his first day in Primary at church yesterday and LOVED it.  His teachers are so good with them and gave them all this cool stuff.  His "child of God" crown has only been taken off for naptime and he promptly put it back on the moment he woke up.  I think he is going to have a fun year!

10 comments:

Dallin and Hannah Ball said...

He is such a cute Whobody! :)

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

That is a cute picture of Shane! 3 is a very fun year :)

Norm and Cassi Beatty said...

Those sunbeams teachers are amazing! I think about them every Sunday. Tell them we said hi!

Jessie said...

whobody is a sunbeam? SHANE?!!! crazy! :) we miss you shaners!

Lorie S. said...

I love that Shane says "whobody" Our nephew would say that all the time and it's still a family favorite that we love to throw out. He would use it all the time when asking a question, "whobody is there?" or "whobody wants a cookie?" I love hearing children start to talk!

Laura Cates said...

I bet Whobody is a word in Whoville! Your stories about Shane make me smile.

elkins said...

What a great Sunbeam teacher he has, and he is very blessed to have parents that bring him there. What a cute picture of Shane!

Jake & Becca said...

He is so dang cute!

Kris and Megan said...

haha whobody!! so cute! i wouldn't tell him either! and how the heck did he adjust to nursery!?!!! landon did awful! i was counting on shane having a rough time too so i wasn't alone! haha

Kris and Megan said...

whoops not nursery, primary!! :)