If you would have asked me a few months ago when I thought Shane would be potty-trained, I would have probably said around 17.
He still has a ways to go, but I am completely thrilled by the progress he's made in a week (and so is he :) ). A sticker chart and of course, cars, have been the motivation he needed (yes, there are actually a few that he doesn't already own ha ha).
Almost as surprising to me as that news, was the fact that I was able to run outside, with my kids, in the middle of January here. I bundled them up and put on the cover (have I mentioned I love my stroller?), but I didn't even need a jacket for myself.
And who'd have thought those gerbils Josh bought last year would be good for something (just kidding babe :) ). Both kids love them, but especially Marissa. She crawls over to their cage quite a few times a day and pulls herself up to watch them. They are kindred spirits and share a passion for chewing just about everything.
Lastly, who would have thought to suture a couch that was starting to rip at its seam? Yep, that's my husband, honing his clinical skills :) Finally all that tuition is starting to pay off ha ha.
10 comments:
What a fun post on everyone! I am lovin this warm winter weather but I'm sure it won't last. Glad to see you are enjoying even more than me - you'll never catch me running :-)
ok- 1st- I looked at a zillion of your posts- and want to comment on all of them- BUT my 2 children are wild indians-- so, to avoid 100 clicks I will make a huge comment- Shane is so cute! what a stud for being potty trained- or on the way- brilliant! the 3rd b day- DARLING- we miss him! Marissa- are you kidding?! those EYES!- and yes, the child crawling is sooo much busier huh? I wonder if it was just a Dominican blessing that neither of our firsts crawled.... she really is sooo cute though- I want to just kiss her! and congrats to you on running at all- you are amazing. the end-- I feel AMAZING if I do yoga...I really am going to call you soon- so if you see a 407 call answer it!
Love this post, everything about it! Makes me wish you were close so we could hang out :)
stitching the couch up. i LOVE it. josh, you are so clever. :) and congrats on the potty training, that is AWESOME! good job shane!
Who would have that?!
Love it!
We are really struggling with Taylor and James not peeing at night. Jake got plastic sheets to put under their other sheets, and then has them wear underwear to bed. I wash sheets every day! I started washing them every other day because it is such a pain to make bunk beds. I wish we new a trick.
haha suturing the couch, too funny, but yes helpful!! love the post!! how the heck did you get shane to potty train!!!!! landon is so on and off, but refuses to wear underwear and couldnt care less!! boo!!
So great that Shane is getting potty trained! Yes, that stroller looks wonderful for you and them. They look so happy and so cute!
That's so awesome, Here's a few "way to go's!"
Way to go Shane! And way to go Josh, great stitching skills :)And way to go Kelly for teaching Shane to be potty trained! And way to go Marissa for being so darn cute!
Haha! I love Josh suturing the couch. Now that's one handy husband... I love that Shane is already enjoying reading on the pot... But I have to ask, who is Nigel Gearsley????
Post a Comment