Yesterday Josh blessed Marissa in church. He did a great job, despite her crying through the whole thing ha ha. I was thinking she was going to be good because I fed her right before and she was super happy when he walked her up there, but then they laid her down in their arms and she did not like that at all! Oh well, Shane cried for his too. Maybe next time we'll bless them before 3 months when they're still a sleepy newborn. But we were happy we did it now so both of our parents could be here. And I'm happy I had the foresight to take a couple quick pictures of her in her dress before the blessing,
because right before church ended she christened the dress (you can kind of tell in this picture). I mean a pretty white dress is just begging to be pooped on I guess.
So we hurried and got a few family pictures,
and one with her and the dad/grandparents who blessed her.
We love you Marissa!
10 comments:
What an exciting day! That's great that both set of your parents got to come out for the occasion. Marissa already looks so different and more grown up to me than the last pics you posted. She is beautiful, just like her momma :)
She is surely beautiful! What a pretty dress you had for her.
I wish Great-grampa could have been in the grampa picture. We love you guys. Thanks for another sweet grandbaby! I am so thankful for your blog.
poop and all she still looked so cute!
The second picture is priceless...her smile is adorable!
oh Kelly- she is so beautiful-- I love the poop= ha!!! also I am in LOVE with your new cute banner- all of it- give Shaners a huge hug from us! :)
That picture of her smiling so big is priceless! At least she made it memorable, right?
Sorry we weren't able to be there. She is such a beautiful girl!! Hope we can meet her soon :) Thanks for posting the blessing pictures so we can see how beautiful she is. It was a very cute family photo. Also tell Josh congrats on passing the test for med school! love you all
What great pics. Of course she had to poop! Austin did the same thing with his outfit! haha. So great both grandparents could come :)
You know what I just remembered? Josh did the same thing on his blessing day. and really runny and messy, all over Grandma Dettinger's lap and his little white suit.
What a special day. Great pictures, and the poopy dress will be a story told for years. :)
Post a Comment