Monday, July 25, 2011

A Few Reasons Why I Love Shane Lately

(I mean I always love him, but you know what I mean...)

-Because you can't help but have spontaneous dance parties when you are out on the balcony with him.

-Because random phrases from his books pop out all the time, like when he's playing in the sandbox and says "I operate the gears and scoop up the sand!"


-Because whenever I change his sheets he gets so excited about whatever new color is on there that he can't wait to go to bed. (I realize that makes it sound like it's a rarity, but I promise I change them frequently!)

-Because when I spied on him in nursery yesterday while walking the halls with Marissa I could hear him belting out Wheels on the Bus 10 yards down the hall.

-Because he loves his little sister.  Can you tell?


-Because when I take him running in the stroller he tells me "We're racing for the Piston Cup!!"

-Because he wears his excitement on his sleeves- and by that I mean legs :) 

9 comments:

Jessie said...

i love the happy dance! and everything else that is shane!! :) he is so sweet. we miss him and hope to catch up together again soon!

The Fredericks said...

oh I love that he hasn't changed-- that makes me so happy-- more capable and mature- yes-- but still the same delightful Shaners- hooray!

Shannon said...

I can't wait to see him!!!

Lorie S. said...

I LOVE this post because it made me actually excited to have a toddler soon and not scared about it. What an adorable, smart boy!!!

Norm and Cassi Beatty said...

oh how I will miss little shanners!

Tracy Cochran said...

oh I sure do miss hat little guy. He always gives the best hugs!!!

Kris and Megan said...

hahaha I love it! Yours is one of the few blogs that I actually laugh out loud consistently every time I read it!! Shane is hilarious!

Amy said...

I love Shane's excited dance video! I'm so happy you posted that. I love that his books help connect him to the real world. You are such a good momma.

Dallin and Hannah Ball said...

that is the cutest video! glad we got to see that. we miss those exciting dance moves!