Saturday, May 7, 2011

Spring Has Sprung!

Well, after a full week of beautiful weather and more in the forecast to come, I think I can officially say that Spring has finally reached Michigan. 
Within just a week everything has turned super green and trees and flowers are blossoming everywhere.  Saginaw is actually shaping up to be kind of lovely, who would have thought? (Cough, cough, Mom! ha ha) 
The best part of all this is that I can get out with the kids.  (I have kids, plural, that sounds so weird!)  After much debate and research, we betrayed the BOB and went with this Canadian brand, Chariot because it can actually fit in my car and can be turned into a bike trailer and a few other things.  I was nervous about the change because a good jogging stroller is pretty important to me but so far I have loved it!  Shane loves riding next to Marissa and she loves her little hammock thingy that goes in it- she stays asleep in it well after we come home which I am loving!
We have been able to go on a walk at least every day and it has been a good way for me to ease into this whole getting out with two small children thing.  This may sound strange but I actually really enjoyed walking everywhere in Dominica (minus getting all my groceries back home) so it has been really fun for me to walk again and find excuses of errands to run closeby to walk to.  Of course if Shane has any say we walk to this train park;)

Now if June could come quickly so that we can do these kind of things with Josh!

4 comments:

Deb said...

I love that hammock for the stroller! It's perfect for a newborn. Yay for walking and warmer weather!

Kris and Megan said...

Hooray that you can get out and enjoy the weather now! It is a big adjustment to get out with 2, AND to say kid-s! I wish we could go out with our two kid-S and the boys could play and we could tend to the babies and talk. That would be the life!

Shannon said...

My friend Melisa has a Chariot and I've never heard her complain about it.

Yay for spring!

Jessie said...

i remember saying that same thing, "the kidSSSSS" big emphasis on the plural "S" :) so fun. that train park looks like a blast. which it and YOU were here. :)