Monday, May 16, 2011

Fun in Fremont

It is kind of ironic (and lucky!) that of all the places in the states, we ended up just 2 hours away from my aunt and uncle's house almost exactly due east.  I made the trip out to Fremont with Shane and Marissa last week because my cousin Corrie and her kids were there from Florida, and I couldn't believe how close it really is!  Corrie and I have always been good friends but it is even more fun now that she has a little girl Clare who is 4 months older than Shane,    
and a little boy Isaac who is 5 months older than Marissa.
I didn't get any pictures of us because, well, probably because most of the time we were nursing babies.  But we had a lot of fun just chatting and hanging out, walking, eating yummy food, and going to the park.  It was funny to see how opposite our little ones are, Shane my contemplative, content, and often wussy little boy

and Clare the adventurous, busy, and brave little girl.  But I think they had fun together. 
And we even managed to do a little photoshoot with my little chunk.  Here are a few of my favorites:


And the reality behind those cute shots:  bodily fluids coming out of all ends!
Pat got christened many times and was a very good sport about it, on top of letting us spend the night, preparing a delicious hoisin chicken dinner, and just generally spoiling us.  We had such a good time and are so happy to be so close!

8 comments:

Jessie said...

aw! i love all the cousin pictures. how nice it is to be near family.

Corrie and Phil said...

GREAT POST! I can't believe that we didn't get any pictures together. The photo shoot turned out quite well. Nice work!

Hope you're having a great week!

Steve and Meredith said...

Sounds fun! It's nice to have family close... Your two kiddos were looking cute as always!!

Tracy Cochran said...

I love your little girl! She is so cute your getting me all sorts of excited for ours. Shane is looking so grown up and I bet is the best big brother ever. I miss his awesome hugs and think of him lots. Glad that spring has sprung and you can get out side and have some fun!

Kris and Megan said...

I love your blog!!! Sounds like Shane and Landon are wusses together!! haha. Marissa is getting so big and cute! I love her!

Deb said...

It's so great to have cousins to play with. I love the "reality" picture!

Ann Durham said...

Ohhh! So jealous, but I'll take advantage of the proximity to the Dettingers when I'm home this summer!!

Amy said...

So nice to be close to family! I love the nude baby shots :)