Wednesday, December 15, 2010

How We Celebrated

Since Shane's birthday was during a crazy week of testing for all the students, packing for me, and because he's only 2- we decided to just have a small little celebration at our favorite (okay, really only...) ice cream parlor in Dominica.  We went to dinner as a family at our favorite restaurant next door, then met a few of his friends at the ice cream parlor.  Everyone got their ice cream first,
Shane requested pink and was very excited about it,
and we brought a cake and sang to him there.  He was talking about having cake for his birthday for weeks, so this was a very exciting moment for him!
I think it turned out to be pretty fun and very low stress,
and my friend Jessie even brought a banner for the occasion.
It was nice to just hang out with everyone for a little bit and because we left two days later, Shane had a good excuse to give some of his favorite ladies and friends hugs and say some goodbyes



And I couldn't resist a little squeeze from this cutie either :)  Those cheeks still get me every time! 

Here are his little friends who came (L to R: Jaz, Matix, Keira, Hawken, Shane, and Norm). 
We sure do miss all these guys!

3 comments:

Jake & Becca said...

I want to kiss his cheeks too. They are so cute. I hope he warms up to me over Christmas. Can't wait to see you.

Jessie said...

happy birthday SHANERS!!! we are so glad we got to be there for his special day.

The Fredericks said...

I'm sooooo sad that we didn't get to be at Shaners' b day this year- WA! but it looks like an awesome time and he is as always- ADORABLE