Here at the Dettinger household we are all obsessed:
Shane is completely and utterly obsessed with anything and everything Cars: the movie, books, and the little cars. He asks about them first thing when he wakes up, carries them around everywhere, and has a little meltdown when he forgets where he put one of them.
I get a kick out of watching him try to hold all of them. When he finds another one around the house you can just hear him look down and think, "hmmm, now how I am gonna manage this?"
Now on to launching them down the back of the couch...
As for me, I have become obsessed with my crockpot these past few weeks. Since our semi-decent grocery store opened up here (albeit an hour away), I have been able to make a few of the recipes I have been oogling on one of my favorite websites, http://www.crockpot365.blogspot.com/. It is a beautiful thing to throw dinner in in the morning, spend the afternoon at the pool or on a walk, and not worry about dinner when I come home! Thank you crockpot! (P.S. I finally figured out the timer setting on my camera. Are you proud of me?)
And Josh? Well he is obsessed with studying, as any good little med student would be :)
8 comments:
:) you make me smile. i think when you are back in the states, you will look back at that crock pot picture and giggle from all the crazy plugs and adapters and things that you have to use just to get it to work!
ps, i love shane with his cars. today at play group when that little mader cartoon short came on he was beside himself happy. it was ADORABLE. :)
I love Shane's little faces! And I am so glad you are over your pregnancy sickness. I wonder if you are having another boy since you are feeling a lot like how you did with Shane? Thanks for introducing me to that crock pot website--I too am in love with my crock pot :)
Thanks for the crock pot link. I added it to my page b/c I love finding good/easy recipes.
Clare is OBSESSED with Elmo, but she's never even heard of Cars. Isn't it funny how they latch on to something???
haha, so proud that you figured out the timer on your camera. And boy does Josh look thrilled in that pic. lol I have a crockpot at home that I have yet to open. Maybe in January..
Is that House on in the background while Josh is studying? Does that count as double duty med school studying? lol Love the kissing crock pot pic. I'm jealous. My crock pot has been sitting in storage for a year now. Post some good crock recipes when you discover some real winners... Even though I won't be able to use them until I get my crock pot back. Happy cooking and studying!
Ahhhh these boys and their obsession with cars! It will only get worse as he gets older. His hands will get bigger and he will expect you to fill them with more and more $8 a piece Cars! :-)
Oh that makes me laugh. I still haven't figured out how to set the timer on my camera. :) I'm so proud of you! Now you've inspired me to use my crockpot. Yay for blogs to help make life easier. I can totally picture Shane trying to pick up more cars than he has arms for. Love it!
yay! I love obsessions- Shane is so cute and great job with the timer- I still don't understand mine! we miss you :)
Post a Comment