Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The Good:  Shane has been especially delightful this week, and I'm not quite sure why because he is cutting two teeth (his last two teeth!!  woohoo!!).  But he has been such a happy, playful, jibber-jabbery boy this week.
The Bad:  Our water was out one morning this week.  It was kind of sad because I had undressed Shane and put him in the shower, and he was dancing around like he does in there waiting for the water to come on, and then it never came on... so we walked up to campus to take a shower ha ha.  You never know what life is going to throw you here so you just have to laugh! 

The Ugly: One of my Reefs broke yesterday at the store while I was trying to kick up the lock on the stroller.  I wore these shoes every day.  I have other shoes, they are just not the same... sniff sniff.

So, I walked home from the store in the rain shuffling along on my broken shoe.  I'm sure I was a sight to behold.  Here's a little look at the world from my view for most of this week- pushing a stroller with a rain cover while holding my umbrella- it takes a little talent!
Although thank goodness for the rain cover.  I always get a kick out of it because the locals here like to tell you what you should be doing with your baby ("The sun is in his eyes!"  "Take care he fall!"...).    When it is raining I can tell they are about to say something about the baby getting wet, and then they see this get-up and they freeze- and I can almost hear them thinking, "Dang, she got me this time!"  Ha ha, I know they mean well.   

6 comments:

The Fredericks said...

look at me- remembering your private blog more than once a month! first- the shoe- I really am aching inside for you- I wish that I had more $ because I would send you a new pair right now- second- could Shane be cuter? the answer is no! third- ewww the rainy week- so so sorry! and lastly- we MISS YOU! xo

Michigan Roys said...

So sad about your shoe! I can totally relate. Enjoy the last little bit! Let us know when you find out where you are going... where do you want to go?

Norm and Cassi Beatty said...

so i had two pairs of shoes that broke on our walk home from church 2 sundays in a row!!i feel your pain!

Amy said...

I'm sorry about your shoes. I've sniffled over broken pairs before. Once I broke a pair walking into an office for a temp job. SOOO embarrassing. Could your mom mail you a new pair?

Kris and Megan said...

good post! i hate it when favorite things break/wear out. too funny that you "got them" by being prepared with the umbrellas! sounds like you have a good attitude in remembering people mean well, and just laughing when things like your water go out! haha i miss you kelly! i need more details on everything in december and where you're going to be moving to! michigan right?

Corrie and Phil said...

Ooo...we need one of those rain covers. Clare's gotten soaked a time or two or dozens. We don't have to worry about it most of the time, but rainy season is very unpredictable. Great discovery!!!