Thursday, May 27, 2010

Things We've Been Up To Lately...

Probably first and foremost, play groups!  My friend Jessie has done a great job of organizing different things to do with our little guys. There is something to do almost every morning of the weekday if we want, and most days we do!  Shane is very happy to be with his little friends, I'm happy to get to chat with my friends, and we get to get out of our warm house for a little bit.  It's always very low key and usually at someone's house or the Campus Activities Center, but on Thursdays we go somewhere.  Here are the "triplets" playing at the beach.  (I never imagined I would have a child who would fit into this blonde-haired blue-eyed category, but they are sure cute!)
Last week we played in the river.  Here is the fun group of friends that came. 
Shane had a great time for about 30 minutes,

 then promptly decided he was done and wanted to go home.  He walked me up to where our stroller was parked, pointed to it and said, "This!  This!"  I do love that he's learning new words, but sometimes it was easier when I could just pretend I didn't know what he wanted!
Josh convinced me to put on a movie for Shane for the first time (Cars) and it was fun to watch his reaction! The paranoid "I'-don't-wanna-turn-my-son-into-a-couch-potato" part of me was glad to see he didn't sit very long at any given time to watch it, but he would play and then go watch it for a minute.  He especially liked the tractor-tipping scene.

 We went to a friend's wedding on Sunday at the beach and had a really good time, and got some cute pictures too.

And I figured out how to french braid my own hair, which has been nice to do some days to keep it cool.  We only have a small handheld mirror so I couldn't really see it, but then I saw this picture Josh took of me and thought "dang, I actually did a pretty good job!"  (Nevermind that it's an embarrassing picture of me singing to Shane at bedtime)
And Body Trackers started up again for this semester and Josh and I were pleased with our weigh-ins!  His BMI is not considered overweight anymore (though if you ask me it's a bunch of mumbo jumbo that he was a pound or two ago!), and I reached a sort of goal weight I've hand in mind since freshman year of college.  Too bad I look too white trash here most of the time to feel very cute, but I'll take it!

7 comments:

B said...

Kelly, You are looking really good. I am jealous of all the sun and swim workouts. I am trying to keep up the running but stopped this week after I started feeling the slightest sickness coming on. Haha. We'll see what happens with that.

Ashlee said...

Words can't describe how jealous I am. I’m sitting at work board to tears...can I come visit you and play?

Jessie said...

yay! we love you guys and matix is ALWAYS excited when shane comes to play. :)

Corrie and Phil said...

White trash? NOT EVEN CLOSE! You're hardly white, Miss Tan-Skinned Mama! :) You look great, KJ!

We, too, recently conceded with the whole TV thing. Not that Clare sits in front of it every day, but it certainly makes life easier at times...like if I want to take a shower BY MYSELF!

Amy said...

Oh, please. You were never chubby when I knew you. But you are looking good now (so jealous of that tan!). I think it is hilarious that the best view of your hair came from a picture. lol. Kudos to you cause the braid DID turn out cute. I always have a hard time keeping my layers in the braid.

Jevne's said...

Oh please! You have such athletic and curvatious body... You should see the pictures of Batibou Beach, and watch the sexy shots I got.. not sure you want them in your blog.. Shane is such cutie, unlike the reaction of my boys I think he is adorable and love his faces and looks! What an awesome mom he has!

Dallin and Hannah Ball said...

it all looks so fun!! we are very jealous. miss u guys lots. and I love your hair french braided, very pretty, and thats amazing u can do that yourself! bravo :)