You never know what fun surprises await you in Dominica!
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
John and Pat Visit! Day 3
After such an eventful Day 2, we enjoyed more of a lazy morning on day 3. We headed to the beach just below campus and had it all to ourselves. Pat and I snorkeled and traded off with Shane.
Then we went up to lunch to hang out with Josh.
We (Shane) napped at home and went to dinner that evening at Blue Bay. It is about a 15 minute walk from our house along the coast.
We stopped to enjoy the sunset
Then caught the end of it at our restaurant. It was beautiful, right on the water, with lots of fun boats in the bay.
I haven't been to a restaurant here where I've seen a booster seat or high chair or anything, so we decided the experience might be a little more pleasant if we brought Shane's along.
He did pretty well but after we had eaten and were waiting to pay, we let him walk around a little bit right near our table. I can't believe I am admitting this, but...I looked down and said, "Josh, Shane just stepped in dog poop!" (there were dogs wandering near the restaurant). Well, come to find out a few minutes later, through Josh telling me a little too loudly, "Hon, that's not dog poop, that's his poop!" His clothes were completely on, but he had somehow managed to pull at his diaper just enough to let it wiggle out onto the floor. Needless to say, we cleaned up, paid the bill and left quickly! Yikes! Good thing there weren't many people there. On our walk home we were pleasantly surprised by a little pre-Carnival parade.
You never know what fun surprises await you in Dominica!
You never know what fun surprises await you in Dominica!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I wish we could hop on a plane and come see you guys, it looks amazing down there. I can't wait until April thouh. We are potty training Taylor right now, and he has some of Matthews old underwear that are a little too big for him so (every day when he poops his pants!) little hard poop balls fall out all over the place when he walks. It has not been pleasant.
i love the poop story. :) so funny.
Great pictures. I just shared them with Aunt Nancy. We are in Louisville on our way to Florida. Great pictures. They bring back such great memories... especially the Poop balls. Thanks Josh for announcing it to everyone in the restaurant.
So glad you shared the poop story with your virtual family. At least he didn't start playing with them.
Post a Comment