Today Josh turned the big 2-6. Okay, so 26 isn't really a big one, and it's probably a good thing because this was a very low key birthday. I made pancakes for breakfast, and a chocolate cake for dessert, but other than that it was just another day in the life of a med student who has a practical on Friday and a midterm on Monday. But in his honor, and in no particular order, here are some things you may or may not know about Josh...
- He is very much a morning person. Not to say he doesn't enjoy sleeping in when he gets the chance, but whenever he wakes up he is unseasonably perky.
- He will eat almost anything as long as it is drenched in sauce. He does not, however, like sour cream, whipped cream, ranch- any of the fatty white sauces. Probably a good thing!
- He would say that he is not necessarily the smartest person, but works the hardest.
- He is a very proud papa and loves showing Shane off and talking about his most recent developments.
- He is probably the friendliest person I know, and goes out of his way to meet or talk to people.
- He can't remember lyrics to songs to save his life- doesn't even matter if it's a song he's sung since childhood, he ends up making up words or switching them.
- He loves shows like NCIS, Law Order, CSI...
- If he knows he is going to buy something, he spends days/weeks researching it online before buying it, and has a lot of fun doing it I think!
- He chopped off part of his right pinkie in high school wood shop, and has fun scaring/educating little kids with it.
- His favorite room in our house is probably the bathroom, and he's managed to finish quite a few books in there.
- He can't resist a bowl of peanut butter cup ice cream.
- He rarely remembers dreaming about anything- maybe a few times a year.
- He watches Shane while he's getting ready so I can sleep in.
- He doesn't really like soda all that much, just the occasional Sprite or Fanta.
I love you Josh! Happy birthday!!!
12 comments:
Happy Birthday Josh!!
Glad all is well with you guys. Shane is sure getting big. We sure do miss you guys. Take care
I wish I could give you a big bowl of peanut butter cup ice cream for your birthday. Since I can't I'll just have to wish you a happy, happy birthday!
definitely a proud papa! i know SO much about shane just because we sit near josh in church! :) happy birthday!
Happy Birthday Josh!!! We love you:)
Um... can I just say that you look STUNNING, GORGEOUS, & AMAZING in your latest blog-header photo? So pretty!
Oh yea, now I remember I have a couple old friends who share the same birthday. (not that you are old, you know what I mean)
Hope you had a great birthday!
What a special tribute to Josh. Happy Birthday! May your 26th year be a GREAT one!
Happy belated birthday Josh! That was fun to read. I figured some of those things... the friendly, goes out of his way to meet people thing. What a great quality! I laughed about the bathroom thing, and am jealous about the morning thing. I so wish I were a morning person. Really, you can't even talk to me before 10am, or I'm sure to bite your head off!! Wyatt also wakes up and plays with Tate, so I can sleep in... we are SO lucky Kell. I can't wait to tell him that Josh also does that- pretty sure he thinks he is the ONLY husband on earth that does that.
thats really sweet kel! i love you all so much! be sure to tell josh happy birthday from dal and i!! :)
I can't believe you admitted his favorite room in the house is the bathroom. Kelly, isn't that a bit embarrassing? haha.
happy birthday to you! sorry we missed it- but the mini is a good excuse! :) it looks like a fun one though.
happy late bday to josh, don't know how i missed the post! i thought it was about shane at first and then got confused and realized it was josh! haha the unseasonably perky part made me laugh :) shocked about the no fatty white sauces though, good for him! and i am with him on the ncis, csi, law and order...
Post a Comment