Young Author's Conference is a cool thing they do where kids can write their own story and share it
with other kids, teachers, and parents in the area, then hear from a real author. Shane wanted to participate so he wrote "The Story of Super Doggy" about a dog who steps into a machine and turns into a Super Hero. He was thrilled to be chosen to participate in the conference.
Here he is with the kids chosen from his school.
It was a really fun day and I'm glad I got to go with him. I told him afterwards that I kind of wanted to be an author! John and Pat were on their way home from Florida and stopped by to have lunch with us and celebrate. It was so great seeing them as usual and they really made him feel good about his book.
1 comment:
Good for Shane and his story!! Looks like he did a really good job! Not easy to write stories, has to be a natural talent of his.
Post a Comment