Saturday, November 14, 2015

Loving This Fall Weather

We have been enjoying an abnormally warm fall for here, and trying to get outside often while it's still comfortable to do so!  Sadie and I got to go on Marissa's "Fall walk" at preschool.

 Sadie felt like a pretty big girl getting to join in on all the preschool happenings!
We met our friend Ellie at Fox Island Park to do a little "hike" after school one day,
 but we didn't make it very far because they were so happy playing and exploring this spot that we bagged the walk in favor of some good old "nature exploration time".
But a couple weeks later we went back with Josh and got some walking in along with the usual exploring.
And it has been great being able to walk to the bus stop and wait for the bus without freezing.  It is about a quarter mile from our house so if it's very cold/wet it's a little too long for the girls to be out there but it really irks me when I have to drive because I feel ridiculous.  But I think I've only had to drive two or three times this year.
 And on Tuesdays and Thursdays when Marissa doesn't have school I have been packing the girls up in the jogger and going for a long walk after Shane gets on.  I didn't have much hope that I would be able to do that for very long because his bus comes at 7:25 so it is potentially pretty cold out still but it is mid November and I have still been able to do it most times, which has been a wonderful surprise.
Before Daylight Savings Time it was still dark when the bus came and the sun would come up while we were walking, and I would see the beautiful sunrise with the geese peacefully swimming and my cute girls in the stroller and get one of those mom highs where life is great.
And other mornings they would be fighting over whose elbow was in whose way and I would have to kick grumpy girls out of the stroller for a few minutes, and then fight them to get back in when they were slowing me down. Just keeping it real;)


No comments: