I took the kids to the Children's Fest on Friday, and remembered quickly that I had forgotten that you could only go on the rides if you were 42" or under. Marissa just barely made it, but Shane was way too tall. I felt bad and hoped he wouldn't be too disappointed as he watched his sisters have a blast, but he actually handled it really well.
But then we found this Colts football toss and boy did I underestimate its power. After throwing the first two footballs and telling him good try, he was insistent that he wanted to keep trying til he got one in. "Mom, I want you to be really proud of me!" Oh boy. So he would throw his two footballs, get in the back of the line, and wait until his turn to try it again. If it weren't for the waiting in line part and the girls waiting while we all baked in the humidity, I would have let him stay there awhile, but I told him after 10 or so minutes that we needed to keep moving and he freaked out. "I can't give up on this challenge mom!!!" I was really pleased with his sticktoitiveness, and told him how proud I was of him, and my mommy heart was sad that he didn't get to his fulfill his dream. All part of life lessons I guess!So we made our way around the booths and perked up with some free balloons and candy, and left 2 hours later realizing we should have brought some water- I felt like I was going to pass out and Shane looked like he might too. Learning our lessons before our first North Carolina summer!


No comments:
Post a Comment