Monday, June 15, 2015

Marissa is 4!

Josh  informed me that I never posted anything about Marissa's birthday.  Sadly, I don't have any pictures to show for it, but we did celebrate.  With her birthday being the day after mine, we kind of combined and celebrated on mine since it was first and not as busy of a day.  We went to play at the indoor play place at Jefferson Pointe with her friend Fritz, ate dinner at Chic-Fil-A, ate peanut butter texas sheet cake per her request (no complaints here!), opened presents, and just generally did whatever she wanted:)  She plays "birthday" all the time so I think it was her dream come true that it actually was hers!  She went around announcing to everyone for months that she was 3 1/2, so I think it took her a minute to change and say she was 4!  Here are a few things about Marissa at 4:

-Always a mess, still.  Sometimes I think she must have to try to get that messy.
-A great eater.  She loves fruits and vegetables, so much so that I have to tell her she needs to eat something different sometimes because her digestive system can't quite handle all that!
-Getting a shy streak, especially during primary at church.
-Loves to draw and asks me all the time how to spell words so she can write them, she would go through a ream of paper a day if I let her.
-Always dancing or skipping around the house
-Sometimes the way she plays drives me crazy- it usually involves packing up a bunch of toys into some kind of container and dumping them out somewhere for a "party" or "picnic" and then not actually playing with them.
-Loves to help me around the house, and is actually getting to be somewhat helpful!
-Can be a little on the bossy side with her siblings
-Loves to build with legos and is getting pretty good
-Will correct you when you say or do something she thinks is wrong by saying, "No silly..."


Happy late birthday Marissa, we love you!!!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

The last picture says it all. That's what we love about Marissa!