Thursday, May 8, 2014

Easter Stuff

You know I don't let a holiday pass without properly celebrating.  So we decorated eggs
 Target has the cutest egg decorating kits, and we of course chose the space one.
We did some Easter crafts with our moms group

And the day before Easter we went to an egg hunt a friend did at her house, and one put on by a local church for the community.

 They managed to make out pretty well.
 My attempt at a shot with the Easter bunny- my children are oblivious to the words "look at the camera"
 On Easter we had some of the other residents over for dinner and it was fun going all out with ham, funeral potatoes, salad, rolls, and cheesecake for dessert and knowing that more than me and Josh would eat it since the kids are hit or miss.  And we hid all the eggs the grandparents got them in the backyard.  Man these kids are spoiled!
 And of course we went to church and celebrated the real meaning of Easter, and talked about it all month.  Shane figured out on his own that the Easter bunny is not real anyway but still fun to pretend.  I love teaching the kids about Christ, sometimes I think we (or maybe just I) have heard the same stories over and over and take them for granted, but when they are so inquisitive and I get to see their perspective it brings new meaning and light to the gospel for me.  I'm pretty sure Shane thinks Jesus is a superhero, but you know, I guess that's not too far off:)
 (And thanks for the Resurrection Roll idea Grandma Elkins, the kids loved it!)

2 comments:

jbdettinger@blogspot.com said...

We had so much fun seeing you guys. I hope we didn't get you sick:( When I see your kids faces now it makes me miss them. They are so sweet and funny.

Corrie and Phil said...

We do the Resurrection rolls too, and I think they might become a regular item on the menu. Tasty and fun. :)