This is typical Marissa- always drooling, still. And always has a snotty nose. I'm sure people think she's sick. She's not, she's just Marissa:) Pretty much she is always a mess!
It has been so fun for me to have some one-on-one time with her while Shane is at school. Her activity of choice while he's gone? Reading lots and lots of books. If Shane is at home and there is a book being read, he HAS to be a part of it, so it is nice to be able to read to her without him up in her grill.
She loves her brother, and the feeling is mutual. When he is sad a kiss and hug from Marissa works better than anything else.
She can say a lot of words now, and they are starting to become more understandable. I am trying to get her to use them more now when she wants something instead of just whining.
She is still a pretty good eater, but not very consistent. Some days I can't get her enough food, and other days she will take one bite and decide she's done. One day something will be her favorite food, and the next day she won't touch it. But the other day they gave her a little apple at the Y and she munched on that thing for quite awhile while we waited for Shane to be done with school. When we got home and I looked in her seat for it, the only thing that was left was the stem! Silly girl ate the seeds and all!
Grandma Dettinger sent her some alphabet magnets, and I started noticing that she was always carrying around the letter O. So I told her what it was and she is obsessed with it now, she will find it in books or places and point and say, "Ooooohhhh!"
I love you Marissa!
2 comments:
i enjoy reading your posts about marissa because i feel like that is how my life will be like with claire in 6 months. haha they really are so similar! cuteness and all!
What a little honey! It won't be long and she'll be reading those books to you.
Time for some preggo Kelly pictures!!!!!!!
Post a Comment