Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Exciting Times

Well folks, we are on the home stretch of this whole med school thing.  We found out last week that Josh passed both parts of his Step 2 exam, and he has been setting up interviews with residency programs.  He is having the (welcome) problem of trying to fit all of the interviews in and having to decline some.  He had his first interview last week in Cleveland and thought it went well, and really liked the program.  If he feels the same after every interview, which I have an inkling knowing Josh he may, there may be some tough decisions coming!  As of right now, he has interviews scheduled in:

Cleveland, Ohio
Columbus, Ohio
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Phoenix, Arizona
Las Vegas, Nevada
Muncie, Indiana
Aurora, Illinois
Waterloo, Iowa
Greenville, North Carolina
Saginaw, Michigan
Indianapolis, Indiana

He is really excited about pretty much all of these, and I am excited too.  He has worked so hard and it feels like it is all coming to fruition.  I just wish we were in the same state so we could celebrate!  But things are going really well at his rotation right now, he has had several of the residents tell him they really like him and are putting a good word in for him because they want him on their team.  That was one of the big reasons we thought doing this would be beneficial and I am just glad it is all working out that way, it makes it a lot easier to deal with him being gone.  These two cuties make it easier too, well maybe not necessarily easier, they wear me out!  But they keep me happy.

P.S. I have been talking to Shane about places Josh is interviewing and somehow he latched onto the idea of Iowa from the beginning.  Actually, I know why, because he thinks Waterloo is such a silly name and to him that is paramount.  He'll ask me all the time, "after the baby's born in March we'll move to Iowa?"  and if I even mention any of the other places he'll kind of groan and say "ugh, I just want to move to Iowa!"  This kid sure keeps me laughing. 

6 comments:

Jessie said...

we have some of the same places now!! hooray! iowa may be perfect! :) paul had to turn a few down too, but i rather like it that way too! congrats to you guys! hopefully we can live closer after this next move...?? i can always hope.

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

Super exciting! I hope you guys get your first choice! It is great that Josh will have a hard time deciding--that means you'll be happy at any of them!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

I think Phoenix would be great!! wink wink!
-riley

Lorie S. said...

Well, I'm pretty sure Kansas City, Kansas was supposed to be on that list. Just thought I'd throw that out there. How exciting for you guys! It can be really hard knowing change is coming, but not knowing exactly what that change will be. Sounds like you are handling it so well! Gotta love the whole have a baby and make a huge move all at the same time, huh!? :)

Kris and Megan said...

Shane, SO incredibly funny! :) Iowa?? Teach him Arizona!! Right next to gma and gpa Nebeker!! :) Exciting times for you guys!!

Corrie and Phil said...

I don't see Florida on your list!

What an exciting time for all of you! Iowa could be interesting. :)