Thursday, June 21, 2012

I Love This House

A month or so ago we got a little scare when I told my landlord we were planning on being here through next spring (our contract goes til September) and he told me that he had broken up with his girlfriend he was living with and had been planning on moving back in but would think about letting us stay.  What?  I had just assumed we would be able to stay, and was not excited about another move just yet.  And I started thinking about how much I love this house, and all the things I have been taking for granted-

I love having a yard of our own for the kids to play in whenever they want




I love our neighborhood and all our neighbors are so nice, that little pool they are playing in was given to us by one of them.

I love how it is small enough that I don't feel overwhelmed by cleaning, but that there are three different levels in it so when the kids get bored in one area they just head upstairs or downstairs and it is like a whole new place. 


I love having a basement for them to run around in and make a mess when we're cooped up in the winter and a cool place to go when it starts to get hot out.  Along with an area for food storage and laundry.


I love how bright and cheery the kitchen is.

I love how you can hear the church bells ringing when you are outside, but not when you are inside.

I love the location and how central it is to all our favorite places.

The price is right.

So I freaked for a few days then realized there was nothing I could do about it and decided to just roll with it and wait. And, thankfully, last week he told us that we could stay as long as we needed!  Phew!  It was a good reminder I guess of how lucky we are to be living here.  Now if I could just relax and roll with all the big things we have going on the next year with residency applications, big tests, etc. I will be good ;)

6 comments:

Amy said...

So glad you get to stay! Moving is a major pain. It's nice you get to stay somewhere you like, too. =)

Jamie said...

YAY!!!! Now we just need to get our confirmation.

Corrie and Phil said...

"Rolling with it" is always easier said than done, huh?! You seem to be a very even-keeled woman, but nonetheless...I'm thankful that you didn't have to move!

Lorie S. said...

Yay! The house sounds great! Isn't the unknown so hard? I remind myself it's a part of life and everyone goes through it, I guess learning not to freak out too much is the key. I hope everything works out well for you guys this next year and look forward to seeing the updates as they come. We'll hang in there together...even far apart :)

Kris and Megan said...

YAY I'm glad you get to stay! Sounds like the perfect house for you guys!! How nice to have the different levels too, that would make a big difference for us!!

B said...

I love renting but I hate the fact you can be kicked out anytime (30 days) when they feel like it... I'm glad you get to stay and like it!