My little boy turned 3 on Tuesday!!! We were having a gathering at our house for a bunch of our friends that were leaving Saginaw last weekend and so we just did cake for him there where he had lots of people to sing to him.
It was a pretty low key birthday- McDonalds for lunch, he watched Cars 2, had one of his favorite dinners (barbecue chicken enchiladas), and more cake. But the magic for him was opening his presents and finding that my mom and Josh's grandma had gotten him some cars from Cars 2 that he didn't have and he was VERY excited about them. He got a few other presents that I'm sure he'll play with next week but for now it is all about these cars.
They all have foreign names and he loves saying them. (He knew them already from watching these little 20 second turntable clips on Youtube)
And he pretty much thinks that everything in our house is an accessory for them.
I'm not complaining because they get him to do all sorts of things (Shane, I think Miguel Camino wants a bite of apple...)
The fun continued today with Grandma Dettinger's package
And he is loving the card that Heather gave him that I am pretty sure was designed especially for him.
I love my little buddy and am so glad I get to be his mom!

5 comments:
We are glad you get to be his mom too! You are a great mommy and he is a lucky boy.
We love Shane!!! He and Lizzie would have lots of fun lining up their cars and ponies.
happy bday shane and what a cute little crawler you have now!! they are both just too cute. isn't it funny how you forget so easily what it's like to have a crawler, then it ALL comes back to you... books all over the floor, dvds out of the drawer, etc. etc.!! great posts kelly!
To think that my 3-year-old still hasn't seen Cars.
Happy belated birthday to your little man! :)
haha, are you sick of that song yet? and did I take that first picture?
Post a Comment