Sunday, August 28, 2011

Secret Singer

So the other day Shane wanted to stay in the bath longer so I emptied it and let him stay in while I did stuff around the house.  As I'm in the other room all the sudden I hear him sing "there's. a. world. where. I. can . go. and. tell. my. secrets. to.... in my room.  in my room."  What??!!  I know I have heard different versions of that song, but I wondered how the heck he learned that?!  Then I realized that the penguins sing it in Happy Feet (his second favorite movie).  I got a good kick out of it, and it is kind of funny because the words are applicable- Shane has been keeping his parents in the dark about his singing skills!  We try to get him to sing stuff and he usually feigns ignorance, but when he thinks we can't hear him or aren't paying attention he will bust out his skills- mostly in his bed when he is supposed to be sleeping, or in nursery.  So when he started belting out "I Am a Child of God" in plain view of his old folks for the third time in a row I knew I better grab the camera, because as you can see at the end of the video, that's more than we can usually get out of him.  It's a little long so I won't be offended if you don't watch it all, but if you do, just ignore those obnoxious parents in the background ;)

7 comments:

elkins said...

This is precious and you wonderful parents are teaching him the right songs. Your Uncle Jamie used to sing when we put him in bed and we would stand by his door and listen, of course he wouldn't do it in front of us.

Amy said...

How sweet! I love the songs he started and then declared, "I'm not singing that!" Sweet boy :)

Jessie said...

ha ha ha ha ha! "no, i want dinner" was my favorite part. :) i watched the whole thing. we miss shane!

Kris and Megan said...

That is awesome!!! Again, Landon is the same way! He won't sing on command pretty much EVER so I'm dying to get him on video! It was so great to talk to you today. Wish we could get together one of these days! Shane is too cute!!!

Pat Durham said...

The next time we get together, we will have to have Shane sing for us. I thought he did a great job.

It was fun seeing you last week.

Corrie and Phil said...

He wasn't so sure about those wise men, huh?!

I think I would have chosen dinner as well. Smart kid! :)

Jamie and Tim said...

We need to get Tim and Shane together so they can belt out those Primary songs together:) Tim is always coming home from church singing the songs.