Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Hotel Nebeker

This year instead of everyone making the long travel out to our favorite vacation spot, Bethany Beach, my family decided to do a "reunion" at my parent's house and do a bunch of the fun Southern California stuff that we don't always get to.  It was the first time in awhile (and will probably be the last for awhile...) that we've had every single sibling, spouse, and kid there.  Shane warmed up quickly this time and Marissa is still young and doesn't have attachment issues so they both enjoyed all the aunt and uncle action they could get.
My mom had lots of surprises and fun stuff to do at the house whenever we weren't out and about, and I think Shane had almost just as fun playing in the grass and running up and down at the street with his cousins as anything else.
This was the first time he was old enough to really play with his cousins and it was so fun to watch.  He thought it was so cool that he got to sleep in the same room with Kate and Lizzie.  (And also under Kate's bed?  We found him like this a few times.  Silly boy.)
 And none of the kids could get enough of their littlest cousin.  She got a lot of lovin!
 We're so glad we had a chance to do this before Josh's schedule gets too crazy, and there were definitely a lot of memories made and fun times had!  More posts to come...

3 comments:

The Fredericks said...

your fam is so cute and I LOVE the bottom pic with Marissa being mauled- ha!

elkins said...

Cousins are wonderful! They have such fun when they are teens talking about us seniors!

B said...

Again we were probably in the same place at the same time. I went to visit my sister and we talked about the time I came and saw you too in college. I love the OC. One of these days I am just going to run into you somewhere.