A couple weeks ago Josh came home and told me he'd thought of what he wanted to do with the rest of his birthday money, and he really hoped I wouldn't say no. I tried to think of what he could want, but was completely surprised when he told me he wanted to get a gerbil. What??!! No! Why? (Yes, I can be a bit of a stick in the mud). After listing out all his reasons (mostly wanting Shane to feel more comfortable around animals), assuring me that he would do all the work, and me realizing he was not gonna give up on it, we went and got the only gerbil they had left at Petsmart. He turned out to be antisocial and a biter, so the next week we took him back and got Pete and Paco:
Cute, though admittedly mousy-looking. They are little buddies, and spend their days chewing on things, running around in their tubes, and building piles in their house. Josh has been good to his word of taking care of them, and I will admit I have enjoyed them, especially cause this little man loves them
10 comments:
So fun!! I wanted to get one for my nephew for his birthday in June... sounds like you are enjoying them!
PLEASE, I am BEGGING you. Do NOT tell Kate. PLEASE, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE.
How fun for you guys! I bet Shane is loving it.
This cracks me up!! Pete & Paco... you guys sure are adding to the family at a fast pace:)
So funny! I'm glad you took the first one back so you could have a better time!
I LOVE the way that Shane is smiling at them! You are a good wife and mom. I don't think I could do any kind of rodents after our mice plagues. You just enjoy being a pet owner for me :)
You are so nice to Josh. After reading your post I immediatly turned to Loren and informed him that he shouldn't get any ideas because we will not be getting any rodent type animals any time soon. Lucky for me he wasn't really interested anyway. :)I am sure it is fun to see Shane with them though. Brooklyn would love it.
gross. :) i am happy you guys (especially shane) like them, but small rodents are not for me. :) love the names though.
My first thought was with you... but I'm sure they are fun.
My in-laws just gave Clare a Zhu-Zhu pet hamster. That's good enough for now. :)
how cute and how fun!! haha i cant believe josh wanted a gerbil. they look like fun!
Post a Comment