Monday, November 15, 2010
?
That pretty much sums up my feelings right now. So I went to Roseau today to do my big ultrasound, and now I am even more confused. I was convinced beforehand that it was a boy- this pregnancy has been almost exactly like Shane's, and at my first ultrasound the doctor even said he thought he saw boy parts. Of course, I was only 11 weeks and shouldn't have trusted that but I did because I was thinking boy anyway and lo and behold today, with a different ultrasound tech, we did not see any boy parts. Don't get me wrong, we would be thrilled if it were a girl, but I don't feel like I can be 100% sure of that here. (Our friends were told they were having a girl here only to go home and learn it was really a boy). I feel like if it were a boy, I would know for sure and could start planning and all that, but with a girl I am left to wonder if maybe she just didn't get a good angle, and she didn't speak English very well so I was having trouble communicating with her about it. And the pictures she gave me were microscopic, so it's not like I can go back and really look at them or even really show them to Josh, who couldn't go to either one of the ultrasounds. Not to mention the power kept cutting out because of the construction workers next door so she had to run the machine on battery power and couldn't project it onto the larger screen like she usually does. Anyway, sorry for the rant. The important thing is that the baby was healthy and whether it's a boy or a girl we will love them just the same, we will just have to wait til I get to Michigan to hopefully find out for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
That's frustrating. It's hard to be expecting to find out and then have that happen, but you're right, at least it's healthy.
well, congratulations on healthy baby ________!!! :) we are still so excited for you. my guess is still a boy. you should put up a poll, and have everyone guess!
I'm glad you are safe. That sounds super sketchy...
Ahhhh... how nerve racking! Well, if it is a girl Sarah and I will get you all hooked up in Michigan with the goods:) How fun either way. I am a total planner myself, so to be unsure would DRIVE ME CRAZY. You can do Fetal Fotos or someplace like that when you get to Utah. They are just Ultra sound techs and can tell you the sex at week 17.
I can just imagine you in this run down hospital with wavering electricity and a woman who barely speaks English. It's pretty humorous when you stop to picture it. As long as the baby is healthy that's all that matters, right? we already know it will be a cutie just like it's big bro and parents :)
Well a healthy baby is all that matters! But I still guess boy!
Bummer! When will you get to find out for real? You have a better attitude than I would. I know that feeling of anxiously awaiting the news, and I would have been totally bummed to learn that I had to wait even longer.
Thinking of you!!!
Ahhh! Sorry, Kelly! But, I do have to tell you that, at 11 weeks, all babies look like boys. I wouldn't have expected a Dominican ultrasound tech to know that though. ;)
oh ANGRY!!!! I HATE this post- sorry for every aspect of it and I can't WAIT to find out everything- probably not as much as you though ;)
Post a Comment