Friday, July 16, 2010

Traveling Tales

I did it!  I made it to the states with Shane by myself!  Traveling anywhere from Dominica is pretty much a 24 hour affair, but I'm happy to report that we both survived and had a good time.  It started on Wednesday when we made the windy drive to the airport (thankfully sans barf this time).  Our airport is pretty small and the thing I love about it is that you can check in and then walk outside and play before you have to go through security.  Shane had a blast walking up and down the ramp and checking out the airplanes.
We got on our first flight to Puerto Rico and as luck would have it, I had an empty seat next to me!
The day just got better when we got on our next flight to Miami and realized my parents had booked my ticket in first class with their frequent flyer miles!!  Cold drinks before take off, mixed nuts, steak salad, and cookies while enjoying a spacious comfy seat?  Yes please!  Let me tell you it was a whole 'nother world up there!  They even warm up the mixed nuts!  I never knew about such things!  I would've had someone take a picture but I didn't want to look like I was too out of place- ha ha.  Shane was great, except for when we landed at 11 in Miami and he woke up mad as a hornet.  He pretty much cried the whole way to the hotel. I guess the fact that he crashed and slept til I woke him up at 9 the next morning made up for it- that's a small miracle for my early riser! 
The next morning brought another first class flight to Washington D.C.  It was one of those rare moments when all the stars aligned- Shane asleep on my lap the whole flight, me enjoying being wined and dined in first class in peace while watching the Office.  Now we are here in D.C., had my grandpa's funeral today at Arlington National Cemetary and it was such a neat experience and a great way to remember how awesome my Grandpa really was.  Hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures later.  Now it's off to Bethany Beach tomorrow.  I will try to keep the posts coming babe.  Miss you! 

5 comments:

Deb said...

Wow first class sounds awesome! I'm with you, I would have been the one wanting to take pictures. Way to hold off so you could fit in! :)

Jessie said...

sounds like an AMAZING experience! :) i am so happy it all went so well for you (minus the crying). we miss you already. have a great time.

The Fredericks said...

Kelly this whole post is AMAZING jealous doesn't begin to explain my feelings BUT I am sooo happy for you and Shane is adoarable as always and we miss you guys already! :)

Chelsea said...

First class.... I need to make you my travel buddy:) I'm usually cursing those first class passengers under my breath as I pass by, to the "low class" back of the plane:) haha.

Have such a wonderful time in America!

Kris and Megan said...

oh my goodness, you got the hookup! warm nuts??! shows how ghetto I am! haha I never knew they existed either! I'm glad you get to be part of Bethany Beach still, have a great time!!! I was lucky too yesterday with Landon- He slept the entire flight from Seattle to Phoenix and had to be woken up when we landed. Great boys we have!!