Sunday, October 25, 2009

Crescent Moon

Yesterday Shane and I went with some spouses to Crescent Moon cabins.

It's kind of in the middle of the jungle, and absolutely beautiful. That's the greenhouse in front, and you can see the cabins behind it.

There are a lot of acres on the property with some cool things to see, and Shane was ready to explore! I tried my best to keep up, it is getting increasingly difficult!
They had a bunch of wild goats that were fun to pet And the cabins were like some kind of fantasy
A hammock with a view!
They had a little plunge pool too
Needless to say, Shane was very excited about it
The family that own it are Americans that came down thinking they would be here for two years and are going on 12 now. They just built this Montessori school here. We climbed up some flights of stairs built into the mountain up to this absolutely beautiful schoolroom. The floor was concrete and it was completely open air, and like out of a dream or something.
So many things for the kids to explore!
The lady was talking about Montessori and was very passionate. She was actually pretty mesmerizing, she even had Shane listening.
They made us lunch, vegetable and herb frittata with fruit and salad. The best meal I've had here! (Although I guess that's not so hard...) The cool thing is I'm pretty sure everything in this meal came fresh off their property, down to the eggs their chickens laid. I kind of felt like a hippie, and was thoroughly enjoying it!
Dessert was cheesecake, I think from the goat's milk, with star fruit on top. It was delicious at first bite but the goat cheese reminded me too much of ricotta- I wasn't sure if I was eating dessert or lasagna!
And, in typical fashion, Shane made some new lady friends.
Most of these pictures were taken by her, she is a very talented photographer, and this place was a photographer's dream! So I will leave you with some of the day's beauty.



6 comments:

Jessie said...

wow! what a fun trip! you got some great pictures!!

Amy said...

Gorgeous! How did you meet these people to have them invite you there? That cheesecake looked fab and so did the fritata... I've been wanting to cook spinach and ham quiche lately and I think the picture of the fritata did me in... I will be cooking it soon.

The Fredericks said...

pretty pretty pretty- I love that Shane LOVED it- he is so cute!

Jake & Becca said...

I love the pictures, and that food looks sooo good. It is beautiful there. Kelly you look so cute in all your pictures with the dresses you wear over your swim suits.

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

Looks like so much fun! I am jealous that I don't get to do these fun activities!

Chelsea said...

That place looks amazing! How far is it? For sure that's on my list of places to see when I get back.