Saturday, May 30, 2009

I'M DONE!!!

Wow, I can't believe the school year is over! I remember this time last year thinking about making it through a year while being pregnant the first half, having a baby in between, then leaving a little baby the rest of the year. I knew it would not be easy, and it wasn't. But somehow, it went by pretty fast. I am so excited to be able to stay at home with Shane for at least the next couple years, and hopefully for the rest of our children too. I am so glad to have had 3 years to be able to teach and have loved it. I will miss all the kids and the relationships you build with them, the other teachers I've worked with, getting excited about a fun way to teach something, field trips and track meets, and watching the kids progress and grow. I will not miss a bag full of work to take home, constantly worrying about if I am doing good enough, parent teacher conferences, and observations. Most of all, I am excited for this next chapter in our life, and to be able to spend more time with this cute little guy doing things like this!

7 comments:

Corrie and Phil said...

YEAH! Being home is the BEST, BEST, BEST! You will love it! You can give me a call ANYTIME you have a need for adult conversation. :)

Shane and Clare have very similar cheeks. Love it!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Its true being a teacher is pretty rewarding, but you will love watching Shane day to day. All those little things he is learning will be pretty exciting. Way to go on finishing a tough school year.

Kris and Megan said...

YAY! I am happy for you that you got to do 3 years total. It's stupid because of course I'm happy I get to stay home with Landon, but I still have moments of regret that I didn't teach longer before having a baby. Am I a horrible person for thinking that sometimes?! Someday I'll go back though! Anyway, congrats on being exclusively a mom to that cute baby!!!

Steve and Meredith said...

I will miss you!! But I'm excited that you get to stay home with little Shane!!

Amy said...

Yay! I'm so happy you will get to be home with Shane now. And you will get to enjoy him in such a fun place soon, too!

Rachelle said...

Congrats! When I was first pregnant we thought I was going to end up working and I looked around a little but nothing really worked out so we gave up on that idea. I am glad now. I don't know how you guys managed. Way to go and congrats on getting to be home now.

Kris and Megan said...

ok. im seeing a little more josh in this pic...