Monday, March 30, 2009

California Dreaming

This past weekend we went down to California to go to an information session for Ross (the med school in the Caribbean we'll be going to), and it was a convenient excuse to go see Grandma and Grandpa Nebeker. We had so much fun that it was hard to come back to the snowy Utah weather, and I was in fact dreaming of California several times today. June will be our last month in Provo, then we'll be packing up our stuff, putting it in storage, and switching off between Manti and California for the summer. Let me just say I am little anxious for June to be here! After our meeting we are both feeling really good about our decision to go to Ross, and are excited to start this new adventure!

Shane went on his first plane ride, and did very well. I think we have a little flirt on our hands though, he was putting on a show for everyone around us!

He loved Uncle Bryce and his antics,

walks in the big boy stroller with Grandma,

and cuddling with Grandpa


He never would roll over for them though. He did it for us 5 times one night last week, but has yet to do it again. His expression tells you just how he feels about tummy time...




And Josh would like you all to know that he has redeemed himself in the kitchen. After his little Crisco fiasco, he managed to make these delicious homemade donuts, gluten free and all. He also made some delicious Thai-chicken wraps with homemade peanut sauce. You better watch your back Kevin!

5 comments:

Kris and Megan said...

alright for more good gluten free recipes!! you guys deserve it. glad shane was good on the plane too! what a stinker that he wouldn't roll over again for the gps though! ha that is so exciting you guys know what you're doing and have that to look forward to. i need to see you at least one more time before you go!!! oh, and shane is getting to big and CUTE!!! wow he's already changed so much.

Shannon said...

I think Shane looks like his daddy in that picture on the airplane. Kevin needs some competition to keep him on his game.

Jake & Becca said...

I can't believe how much Shane has grown in just one month. He is so cute holding his head up. I can't wait to see him again.

Rachelle said...

Wow he really looks old in that first picture. So different from the blessing pictures already.
I know what you mean about not liking Tummy time. Brooklyn would cry and cry every time. I think that is the reason she learned to roll over so early. As soon as she figured it out tummy time disappeared. She just won't stay there.

Pat Durham said...

Josh, You are definately on the cooking list for the beach now.

Aunt Pat