Saturday, January 31, 2009

No Luck Yet

So in Shane's almost two months of life he hasn't seen too much besides the walls of our basement. Josh's time volunteering in the pediatrics unit of the hospital put the fear of death in him that our child would get RSV. We've been pretty anal about it thus far (thanks for putting up with the whole handwashing bit everybody!), but are loosening up quite a bit! Last night we decided to go bowling and took him with us. Why I wanted to go bowling, I'm not sure. Maybe bowling on the Wii got me overconfident. It's kind of a family joke how bad I am, and every time we go everyone is trying to give me advice the whole time. But look at my form, perfect right?

Okay, maybe not, I bowled a 54 the first game and not much better the second! As sad as it sounds, bowling over 100 is on my life list, right up there with "do a triathlon" and "write a book". I think I might accomplish those ones before this!


We did have a lot of fun though, it was just nice to be out. Shane was pretty intrigued by this new place, he didn't quite know what to think. But he managed to stay awake for longer than usual and fell right asleep without any fussing so we might have to take him out more often!

5 comments:

Jamie and Tim said...

Good to hear you guys had fun. But the PE teacher in me has to say...you are bowling off the wrong foot knucklehead! :)

Rachelle said...

we have been pretty worried about that too. My mom laughs at us for always wanting everyone to wash their hands. We do what it takes to keep her healthy. I am glad you are getting out though it is so fun to take the little one out isn't it.

Corrie and Phil said...

Fun! I bet all of the excitement and stimulation helped Shane sleep well. For some reason, Clare LOVES WalMart. She stares at all of the bright lights and starts laughing for no obvious reason. Maybe that should be your next outing. :)

Kris and Megan said...

you'll have to write that down in his baby book! first outing: bowling! ha that's funny. isn't it nice to get out of the house together for once! :)

B said...

HAHA, only me and you bowl that bad. honestly!!!!!